AssemblyBoard
June 26, 2024, 01:49:01 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we see some stats brian?  (Read 93822 times)
golden

Email
« Reply #105 on: November 19, 2003, 01:12:43 am »

Top 15 posters = 5520 post...or more than 50% of all posts to date.
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #106 on: November 19, 2003, 01:49:47 am »

In case anyone is interested, My pet hamster "fat larry" made 213 revolutions on his exercise wheel last night.
Monday: 213 revolutions
Sunday: 211 revolutions
Saturday: 209 revolutions
Friday: no revolutions. "fat Larry" is a Jewish hamster and observes the Sabbath starting at Sundown.
Thursday: 216 revolutions
Wednesday: 199 revolutions
Tuesday: 209 revolutions.

I don't know my math too well. Using the forementioned statistics, what was the average number of revolutions "Fat Larry" made on his exercise wheel during the week? (Where's Stephen Fortescue when you need him? Math whiz that he is).

--Joe
« Last Edit: November 19, 2003, 01:55:25 am by Joe Sperling » Logged
editor
« Reply #107 on: November 19, 2003, 02:12:35 am »

In case anyone is interested, My pet hamster "fat larry" made 213 revolutions on his exercise wheel last night.
Friday: no revolutions. "fat Larry" is a Jewish hamster and observes the Sabbath starting at Sundown.

I don't know my math too well. Using the forementioned statistics, what was the average number of revolutions "Fat Larry" made on his exercise wheel during the week? (Where's Stephen Fortescue when you need him? Math whiz that he is).

--Joe

Joe,

I think that perhaps you are not telling the truth here.  I'm sure you really do have a hamster, and that you really have counted the revolutions on the wheel.  I'm not accusing you of that, brother.

But there is no way Fat Larry can be a Jewish Hamster.  Hamsters are unclean, and therefore can't be Jewish.  You know it, I know it, and I daresay Fat Larry knows it.

This is why you are not ready to be a leading poster.  Good use of statistics though.  I noticed something, however.  Is Fat Larry responsible for all of those revolutions, or did your other hamster, Golda take a few spins?  The reason I ask is that it seems kind of one sided.

Brent
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #108 on: November 19, 2003, 03:22:47 am »

Are you kdding? Golda do revolutions? She's either out shopping all the time, or doing her nails. As for Fat Larry, you may say he's unclean, but try taking that yamulke off of his head--he'll bite your finger and draw blood for sure. Believe me. I know.

---Joe
« Last Edit: November 19, 2003, 03:23:48 am by Joe Sperling » Logged
retread

Email
« Reply #109 on: November 19, 2003, 03:41:21 am »

--Joe

Dear Joe,

Sorry to break the news to you, but your hamster is a wimp.  My "Harvey the Wonder Hamster" can run circles around your pathetic Fat Larry.  Pathetic hamsters such as Fat Larry have no place on this bb, they will never be overcomers and should be shunned. Such a hamster can only bring down other hamsters with him.  For the sake of Golda,  I suggest that you eschew all contact with Fat Boy Larry, and start keeping company with real macho hamsters such as Harvey.  The stats don't lie, Larry is a wimp.  Harvey is still laughing over Larry's pathetic stats.  These may seem like harsh words, but they need to be said.

In the words of Wierd Al:

Oh, Harvey, Harvey
Harvey the Wonder Hamster
He doesn't bite and he doesn't squeal
He just runs around on his hamster wheel
Harvey, Harvey
Harvey the Wonder Hamster
Hey, Harvey!

So Larry Boy, when is someone going to write a song about you?

So Larry Boy, why don't you stand up and defend yourself, what are you a hamster or a mouse?
editor
« Reply #110 on: November 19, 2003, 03:41:23 am »

Are you kdding? Golda do revolutions? She's either out shopping all the time, or doing her nails. As for Fat Larry, you may say he's unclean, but try taking that yamulke off of his head--he'll bite your finger and draw blood for sure. Believe me. I know.

---Joe

Joe,

You are showing signs of independent thought.  This is not good.  We are all in this together, and as soon as one of us starts thinking we know something, well, we know nothing as we ought.  Capice?

Just admit it, your hamster is gentile.  Quit trying to make a name for yourself, and carve out your own place on the BB.  Just be content to be a poster, just a regular poster....Amen??  Just because your stats aren't as high as some other brothers doesn't mean you don't have a role to play...amen??  You aren't as important, but you are still relatively important.  Be a support Joe.  Be content just to be a poster.  You will be raised up in due time.  (Maybe someone will delete their account and you will automatically go up a notch)

Amen?

Brent
vernecarty
« Reply #111 on: November 19, 2003, 03:43:05 am »

Brent----

Will any of the "leading posters" be responsible for a "posters house" in the future? And by the way, when is the next "leading posters" meeting?

Being a "leading poster", should I allow anyone to "back talk" to me? Or should I report it to someone with more posts than I have?

If one of the "leading posters" decides to "step down" will someone take their place, or will there only be a "top 9" from then on?

Does being a "leading poster" allow me to live off of the Bulletin Board, or should I keep my job?

Sorry for all of the questions, but i'm just not sure how the BB govenmental system works. I hope I don;t get fined for asking so many questions.

--Joe

Joe, who said anything about you being a leading poster?  You are number 9, and there are only 10 of us.  We can't all be leaders now, can we?  Who would I lead if you were a leader?

You are more of a "dear," poster, but definitely not a leading poster.  However, perhaps if you posted more you could be a leading poster.

Think of the BB like an Existing Assembly:  There are a dozen people attending, and of these dozen, the twelve of them do all the talking, but only 3 of them are in the top three....

Well, I am in the top 3, and you are not, so you must be encouraged by me, not the other way 'round, see?  Brother, just keep posting and trust the GM.

Brent---a poster among posters, at the top of the statistical heap, due solely to my choices and actions.  I earned these stats, and I am humble about it, because I could not have done it without the GM's help.

Rah! Rah! Rah!
I'm Number Four!
Five thorugh Ten you're just a bore!
Stick around and soon you'll see
That I can be Number Three!  Grin
Verne
retread

Email
« Reply #112 on: November 19, 2003, 03:46:53 am »

Rah! Rah! Rah!
I'm Number Four!
Five thorugh Ten you're just a bore!
Stick around and soon you'll see
That I can be Number Three!  Grin
Verne
Be careful with your boasting, or I may just ask Lucas to pull out his Post-O-Matic script again.
tkarey

Email
« Reply #113 on: November 19, 2003, 06:09:10 am »

From Brent's post below:

Joe,

You are showing signs of independent thought.  This is not good.  We are all in this together, and as soon as one of us starts thinking we know something, well, we know nothing as we ought.  Capice?

Just admit it, your hamster is gentile.  Quit trying to make a name for yourself, and carve out your own place on the BB.  Just be content to be a poster, just a regular poster....Amen??  Just because your stats aren't as high as some other brothers doesn't mean you don't have a role to play...amen??  You aren't as important, but you are still relatively important.  Be a support Joe.  Be content just to be a poster.  You will be raised up in due time.  (Maybe someone will delete their account and you will automatically go up a notch)

Amen?

Brent

End of Brent's post.

OOOhhhh, dead-on, Brent. This gave me goosebumps.
Karey
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #114 on: November 19, 2003, 06:22:14 am »

Retread---

I've got news for you. You only THINK Harvey is running on the wheel at night. But Harvey isn't so amazing believe me. Harvey is a major backslider. He spins the wheel with one of his paws while he lays on his back daydreaming. I've seen it all before. He's a slacker.

Oh Fat Larry the hamster Jew
Harvey the wonder hamster has got nothin' on you.
You run on a wheel that's blessed and kosher
That backslider Harvey is only a poser.

You run on your wheel while reading the Torah
While Harvey lives in his backslidden Gomorrah.
Wearing a yamulke and keeping Holy Day
You look at Harvey and say OY VAY, OY VAY!!

Well, I've stooped about as low as I can go on this thread now, what next?

« Last Edit: November 19, 2003, 06:26:03 am by Joe Sperling » Logged
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #115 on: November 19, 2003, 06:31:48 am »

"fat Larry" is a Jewish hamster and observes the Sabbath starting at Sundown.
--Joe
But there is no way Fat Larry can be a Jewish Hamster.  Hamsters are unclean, and therefore can't be Jewish.  You know it, I know it, and I daresay Fat Larry knows it...
 --Brent
As for Fat Larry, you may say he's unclean, but try taking that yamulke off of his head--he'll bite your finger and draw blood for sure. Believe me. I know.
--Joe
Just admit it, your hamster is gentile.
--Brent
[/b]

What is wrong with you people?  If fat Larry is over eight days old, just look at his I.D. & see if it's been circum... well, you know!

al

« Last Edit: November 19, 2003, 01:55:31 pm by al Hartman » Logged
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #116 on: November 19, 2003, 07:38:21 am »

Excellent point Al. And yes, Fat Larry is. It was a long and tedious procedure, involving a magnifying glass and an exacto knife. I won't go into the details.

--Joe
editor
« Reply #117 on: November 19, 2003, 07:40:43 am »

Excellent point Al. And yes, Fat Larry is. It was a long and tedious procedure, involving a magnifying glass and an exacto knife. I won't go into the details.

--Joe

Joe, do you have any statistics to back up what you are saying?

Brent
retread

Email
« Reply #118 on: November 19, 2003, 10:46:55 am »

Retread---

I've got news for you. You only THINK Harvey is running on the wheel at night. But Harvey isn't so amazing believe me. Harvey is a major backslider. He spins the wheel with one of his paws while he lays on his back daydreaming. I've seen it all before. He's a slacker.

Oh Fat Larry the hamster Jew
Harvey the wonder hamster has got nothin' on you.
You run on a wheel that's blessed and kosher
That backslider Harvey is only a poser.

You run on your wheel while reading the Torah
While Harvey lives in his backslidden Gomorrah.
Wearing a yamulke and keeping Holy Day
You look at Harvey and say OY VAY, OY VAY!!

Well, I've stooped about as low as I can go on this thread now, what next?

Well I confronted Harvey with your accusations, and he got very angry and denied everything.  He says that Larry is just trying to stir up trouble, and cause division in our happy home.  He also confirmed his belief that Larry is not even a hamster, but actually a mouse with possibly some rat mixed in there as well. He says that the proof is in the stats. I have no reason to doubt Harvey, but just to be sure, I think that I will put Harvey under video surveillance tonight to see what the truth really is.  I have no doubt that Harvey will be vindicated of these frivolous accusations that have been made against him.
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #119 on: November 19, 2003, 10:53:24 am »

--Joe

Joe, do you have any statistics to back up what you are saying?

Brent
    Here's a statistic, Brent:  i am the eleventh highest poster.
             ELEVENTH!!!
Do you have any idea what that feels like?
It's like standing at the dock, luggage in hand, watching the boat steam away!

A magnifying glass and an exacto knife, Joe?  How did you hold onto the...  How many hands do you have???

al

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14
  Print  

Jump to: